“Until discovering EPIM’s Rethinking Inclusion program, my organization had been unable to find the financial and technical support we needed to confidently adapt and replicate our innovative approach towards social inclusion and cohesion throughout Europe. We believed that type of support just wasn’t out there. Now, we finally feel like we have the support and networks we need to meet intense and growing demand for our approach across this essential region of the world.” David Lubell, Founder – Welcoming America & Founding Director – Welcoming International
“EPIM’s support is crucially important for us, since it will enable us to build an online training platform and translate in a few languages our methods toolkit for social integration around breadmaking, and this will help us scale up our programs to countries around the globe, where stakeholders would no longer have to travel all the way to Bulgaria to get trained.” Nadezhda Savova-Grigorova, Founder and Coordinator of Bread Houses Network
As a result of its call for interest on ‘Rethinking Inclusion’, EPIM awarded 10 grants to help civil society organisations prepare the ground and/or strengthen the conditions for the scaling of their initiatives across Europe.
Through this support, EPIM hopes to contribute to unlock the potential and the capacities of civil society organisations to learn from, scale up, transfer, adapt and measure the social impact of promising bottom-up and whole-of-society solutions that foster migrant inclusion and social cohesion, to eventually inform European inclusion policies, funding and practices.
Grants have been awarded to:
- International Council for Cultural Centers, Bread Houses Network Programme, Bulgaria [about the project]
- DUO for a JOB, Belgium [about the project]
- MIGHelp, Hungary [about the project]
- Rising You, Belgium [about the project]
- Saathi House, United Kingdom [about the project]
- SINGA Deutschland, Germany [about the project]
- SINGA France, France [about the project]
- SOS Racismo Gipuzkoa, Spain [about the project]
- SPEAK, Portugal [about the project]
- Welcoming America/International, Germany [about the project]
Photo credit: Robert Bosch Foundation